Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My version of the adorable monster coloring tote

POST EDIT: If you are visiting from Pinterest, welcome! I'm excited to announce that I have opened an etsy shop to sell these cute bags. You can find my shop here.

On my list of things to make for my kiddos this year was some kind of crayon cozy. When I came across this adorable tutorial for a monster tote (seriously, check it out) I decided to take the plunge even though it wasn't what I had originally envisioned. Some where in my google searching I came across this blog as well and I sort of combined ideas from both of them to make these sweet things!

(forgive the less than stellar photography)





I am so happy with how they turned out. I was also impressed with how easily they came together (especially the second one!). I deviated a bit from the original tutorial (they are sized a little differently, I changed the bottom of the bag a bit, and used only felt etc.). Oh and instead of using nylon webbing for the handles  I just did a double layer of felt for each handle. Saved me a couple bucks and a trip to the fabric store. Winner in my book!



They are the perfect size for a coloring book and a few other toys/books. Love it!



(I’m sharing this at the Dare to DIY party hosted by Decor and the DogMaybe MatildaNewly Woodwards, and Two Twenty One!)

8 comments:

  1. Aaaaah! These are adorable! I love them so much. Honestly, when I got to the first photo, I thought, "Okay, so that's the perfect too-good-to-be-true version she found online and is going to use as inspiration for her own." And then I realized that one was YOURS. They are so cute, and so fun, and I bet the little guys will love them. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I wish (for all the little kids I need to make present for)that I could sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cannot be any cuter. Thanks for the Christmas gift for my grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! I think your version is cuter than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO cool! I agree that yours are cuter than the original, and I kind of want one for myself now. That's what Christmas is all about, right? ;)

    Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so amazing. love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made one of these but made it into a backpack instead of a tote and used fleece. I love it! I hope my 2 nephews I am making it for likes it as much as I do. Since it is a backpack, I am thinking of putting velcro at the top to ensure it stays closed. Thanks for such a cute monster. It was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...